First Impression: Collection Eyeshadow Pencil in Vintage Blush




I’ve never done a ‘first impression’ post before but whilst in the supermarket I actually found a Collection stand and literally died in the middle of the supermarket. My favourite palette is by Collection and so of course I had a little nosey. I strained myself from buying more than 1 item so I picked out the eyeshadow pencil in ‘Vintage Blush’ (lovely name) as I was going to get the infamous concealer but then I realised that I don’t really like to use concealer.

Obviously I swatched this as soon as I got home because I always get excited when I buy something new haha. I honestly expected it to glide on and be all velvety smooth but it’s actually like a crayon almost that just glides on, but it’s not exactly velvety smooth. Honestly that part was a bit of a dissapointment but then again, I’ve never tried an eyeshadow pencil before so maybe all of them are like this? I’m not really sure (#greatbeautyblogger). But to be honest that’s okay as the pigmentation is amazing. When I swatched it on my hand around 5pm last night I just ignored it (well, forgot about it), showered, went to bed and now it’s 12:15pm the next day and I was typing away when I noticed it was still on my hand and I was honestly quite impressed with that. The colour is such a pretty shimmery, almost metallic, baby pink which I think looks quite natural on your eyelids. You could always just put a little on and then blend it out or pack it all over your lid and blend out the edges - it’s basically whatever you want.

My Overall Ratings:

Price: 5/5
Super cheap as they are drugstore and also I know that in New Zealand ‘drugstore’ products in the UK or US are pretty expensive here but this one was on sale for around $8NZD which is really good. In the UK they are sold for () which is a bargain and I believe they don’t sell Collection in the US but you can still buy it online.

Formula: 3/5
As I said, a bit of a let down as it does sort of feel like a chalky crayon. But, it doesn’t bother me too much as it still glides on super smooth.

Pigmentation: 5/5
AMAZING pigmentation. I honestly could just go on and on.

Packaging: 4/5
Not particularly special but it is quite simple and I do like the way it looks.

Overall: 3.5/5
Honestly I really love the overall product, it’s just the formula which I’m not too fond of but maybe some people like it.

Hannah xx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I recommend you to try out the Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick if you're liking this product <3 x

    Abbey xo | absie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abbey. Ooh I might have to check your recommendation out!
      Hannah xx

      Delete
  2. This was such a good post! I have seen these but I never know if I should get one <3
    Kaci x
    kacistevens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would recommend this to you but swatch the formula to see if you like it first.
      Hannah xx

      Delete

© The Dreamers Club. DESIGN BY A.