First Impression: Topshop Lipsticks


Earlier this year the very first Topshop store in NZ opened in town which was SUPER exciting! Although I’ve already been to the infamous Topshop on Oxford Street, because we were travelling it was all a bit hectic and we didn’t have enough time to get a good little browse through everything. A little while ago, me & Claud went around the city and visited the art museum and different shops including Topshop so I had a little look around their beauty stand. This is the 5th year of Topshop beauty so they came out with a new lipstick packaging for 5 lipsticks and the one which caught my eye was the shade “Nevada.” I’ve heard a fair few mixed reviews about Topshop lip products so I decided to only get one incase I didn’t really like it.

First impression was obviously the amazing rose gold packing - love it. Out of all the colours this one was most appealing to me as obviously I am a neutrals person. Although, there was a gorgeous dark purply plummy red and if I was a dark lipstick wearer I would so pick it up. Nevada is a beautiful pinky-nude which is perfect for everyday wear. The only thing though is that this is definitely a colour which will suit paler skin tones better. Currently in winter it looks so nice but when it gets into summer and I get a bit of a tan, it’s a colour which will definitely make your lips look as if it’s dead haha.

Swatching this for the first time I instantly notice that it smells really nice but not too overpowering. Nothing is worse than wearing a lip product which doesn’t smell particularly nice or is that sickly sweet smell which tastes strange if you drink water or eat food. Also it is so creamy so it won’t dry your lips out and glides on really nicely and smoothly.

These are such good prices especially compared to brands like MAC. In NZ this retails for $18 (although I bought this for $15 because I also got a necklace too and with student ID you get a 10% discount!) which is really good value for money. Overall I am in love with this lipstick and would definitely recommend you to see their new 5 year anniversary packagings. I’m definitely going back to pick more up!

Hannah xx

10 comments:

  1. I've never tried Topshop makeup before but I'd like to try some
    of their lipsticks now- especially as the packaging is so cute at the moment!
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I so recommend you should!

      Hannah xx

      Delete
  2. The packaging is to die for- love the topshop lippies x
    www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I originally thought that the packaging was so cute but with rose gold - now it’s even better!

      Hannah xx

      Delete
  3. The shade is so pretty!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color and packaging.

    thecollectionofknowledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is flawless and your photography is incredible! I love your product reviews... keep up the good work girl :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The packaging is so cute! Topshop just opened in Canada as well so I'll have to go check it out. I can imagine this shade being harder to pull off though!

    Would love if you check out my blog! :)
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete

© The Dreamers Club. DESIGN BY A.