Chiang Mai: Travels in Thailand


Happy 2016!

I hope you all had a super lovely Christmas and New Years. I think that there’s no better way to begin a new year than with exciting photos of my travels in Thailand. I had a very busy November pre-writing all my Christmas posts for December as me and my family were off to Thailand - Chiang Mai, Phuket and Bangkok. We left on the 11th and it was an amazing experience celebrating Christmas in Phuket and New Years Eve in Bangkok. My trip started off with Chiang Mai so enjoy the photos!

Tuk tuks are the most common type of transport if you’re not a local. They’re super cheap and so fun to ride in.


People were selling eggs to cook in the hot springs!
One of my favourite parts of Thailand was the markets - and they were literally EVERYWHERE. They always sold the cutest handmade things, perfect as gifts.



Wat Phra That Doi Kham
I thought these were so cute!
Wat Rong Khun, White Temple
Wat Chedi Luang
The inside of the temples were equally as amazing as the outside - I’ve honestly seen nothing like this. There’s always a lot of gold and of course, Buddhas. 
In every temple we saw at least one or two cats roaming around outside. I was very pleased with this and spent way too much time spotting all the cats haha
On the last day of Chiang Mai we visited elephants in their habitat which was so cool. I’ve never been so close to an elephant before, let alone any non-domestic animal.

I absolutely LOVED Chiang Mai as it’s not really as touristy as some other cities. This is true Thailand and all the locals are so friendly and welcoming. Also, although I have no photos the food was heavenly. I never really particularly loved Thai food but this trip changed me completely - now Thai food is really up there with one of my favourite cuisines. This was definitely a lovely start to our trip in Thailand!

Hannah xx

No comments:

© The Dreamers Club. DESIGN BY A.