How I Style a Leather Jacket


Leather jackets can seem quite scary at first, all confident and cool (or is it just me?) but actually when paired with the right things it can look quite casual and laid back, perfect for everyday wear.


Here are my three favourite ways to style a leather jacket:

1. Over dresses/playsuits

2. Over a plain white tee

3. Lightly layered

I dress to look nice, but honestly mainly just for comfort. This outfit shown in these photos is super comfortable but also so simple - it’s literally just a t-shirt dress and a leather jacket. I love wearing dresses or playsuits with leather jackets as I feel like it looks quite polished.

I’m not too sure why, but I love the way a black leather jacket looks against a crisp white tee. Maybe it’s to do with the contrast of monochrome colours but I think it looks so cool. 

Leather jackets can also look so nice when it’s layered in Autumn. I think light layers, so when it’s not too chilly, can make your leather jacket look more cosy rather than a statement piece. Over a light knit and under a bundled scarf can give you a more cosy and casual but effortless look.

Hannah xx

7 comments:

  1. I really need to invest in a leather jacket! I've been wanting to get one for years but never bothered, I think it's about time I got one :)
    Great post!

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I agree, you so should invest in one!

      Hannah xx

      Delete
  2. My leather jacket was such a staple item in my wardrobe last year that I was so scared I'd lose it I bought another one! I now have one that I can wear over light jumpers and cardigans in autumn or Spring, and then a thinner, shorter one that I can wear over summer and spring dresses!

    Imogen // imogenscribbles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I feel like that’s exactly something I’d do. That’s so good you have two different ones to match the seasons!

      Hannah xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely outfit! My leather jacket is well and truly worn and I feel like you can pair it with anything and it instantly makes you look super chic or totally badass!

    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! Haha I agree, you can make anything look badass with a leather jacket!

      Hannah xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you! Yes, it’s becoming a staple of mine, especially when it’s colder

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete

© The Dreamers Club. DESIGN BY A.